Monday 2 April 2012

How to send executable file in Gmail


How to send executable file in Gmail

Yesterday my friend SMS me to send an installer (executable) file via email. So I use Gmail as my primary email account and attached the file. But when I want to send the email, Gmail warned me that it does not allow any executable file send from Gmail. I’m sure this is regarding of the security issues. So how I can send the executable file? Here is the trick.
Ok let say the file that you want to send name is Executable
executablenoexe
  1. Go to Folder Options (My Computer > Tools > Folder Options)
  2. In View tab, uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types“.step2
    And the file will look like this
    executableexe
  3. Then rename the extension .exe with other extension like .jpg. Windows will prompt a warning message, just click “Ok”. The file icon will be changed to .jpg icon and now your executable file is in .jpg format.
    executablejpg
  4. Send the file to the receipent.
  5. After the receipent recieve the file, ask them to rename the extension file with .exe or it will not work.
Note: I have try this many times in Gmail and it works and I’m sure this trick also works in other email services. Because you send an image file not executable file

No comments:

Post a Comment